Forgot Sign-in Option, But Remember Password - What to Do?

I'm experiencing the same problem, but I don't have a third option to recover my account. I never linked my phone number to the app initially because it's not available in my country. I still remember my account password, but the app is restricted for unknown reasons. After performing a factory reset on my phone, I had to reinstall the authenticator app. Now, I'm facing the same issue and can't sign in again. How can I resolve this problem?

Hey, it sounds like you’re stuck in a bit of a pickle. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you figure this out.

First, let’s get one thing straight - your sign-in option is gone because you never linked your phone number to the app. That means you can’t use the standard username/password combo to regain access. What you do remember is your account password, which helps but isn’t enough on its own.

Now, since you mentioned a factory reset on your phone and reinstalling the authenticator app, here’s what you need to do:

1. Visit the Microsoft account recovery page on your browser.
  2. Enter your email address and the captured characters (to avoid bots), then click Next.
  3. Select “I don’t have any of these” in response to the recovery options. This will let you proceed without needing the less secure methods.
  4. Fill in the online form with as much detail as possible, explaining your situation. Make sure you clearly state:
    • You still know your account password.
    • You never linked your phone number due to availability issues in your country.
    • You reinstalled the authenticator app after a factory reset and now can’t sign in.
  5. Once you submit the form, Microsoft’s support team will review your case and contact you via email or phone (if available).

In the meantime, you can also try contacting Microsoft Support directly via email or phone. They might be able to expedite the recovery process for you. Just make sure you have all the information about your account handy to prove your identity.

Keep in mind that it might take some time for the support team to resolve your issue. Be patient, and I hope you get back into your account without much fuss.