Fixing an Endless Reboot Loop in Windows

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

My computer was malfunctioning, so I tried to restore the system, but now it's stuck in an automatic repair loop.

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

I totally understand how frustrating it can be when your Windows 10 gets stuck in an automatic repair loop. It prevents the normal boot process and instead goes into endless troubleshooting. Worry not, I have some solutions for you to help break this loop.

Reason for the Automatic Repair Loop

This loop usually happens due to various reasons such as corrupted system files, bad hard drives, or malfunctioning Windows registry data. The Automatic Repair tool might get stuck trying to fix these issues, leading to the infinite loop.

Methods to Fix the Automatic Repair Loop

1. Force Shutdown and Boot Priority

• Force shutdown the computer, remove the RAM sticks, and reinsert them. This can sometimes resolve the issue.
  2. Disable Automatic Repair

• Boot into the Command Prompt from Advanced Options, and type the following command: ``
  3. Run System File Checker and Check the Disk

• Access the Command Prompt from Advanced Options and perform the following checks:
      • chkdsk /r c: - This will check and fix disk issues.
      • sfc /scannow - This will check the integrity of Windows system files.
  4. System Restore

• Select the “Advanced Options” in the Automatic Repair screen, then go to “System Restore” and select a previous restore point.
  5. Reset or Clean Install

• If all else fails, try resetting the PC from the Advanced Options or perform a clean install after rescuing your important files from the hard drive.

Remember that if you have critical data on your hard drive, it’s recommended to copy them to another device before attempting any fixes.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you need more detailed instructions or have any further questions. I’m here to help you resolve the issue.