Files Not Visible or Unable to Upload

I'm the owner of a Team where I've created folders and uploaded files in the Files tab. However, I can no longer see these files or the upload option, even though my Team members can still access them.

Hey there

That’s weird, but don’t worry, I’m here to help you sort it out.

First, let’s cover the basics: Are you using the correct account and login credentials to access Microsoft Teams? Sometimes, logging out and back in can resolve these types of issues.

If that doesn’t work, here’s what you can do:

1. Check your permissions: Ensure you’re still the owner of the Team and haven’t inadvertently changed your permissions. You can do this by going to the Team > Members > Manage team (gear icon). Check if your role is still listed as Owner.

2. Check folder settings: It’s possible you’ve accidentally changed the folder settings, making the files invisible to you. Go to the Files tab > right-click on the folder in question > Folder settings. Make sure the settings are not set to “Files are private” or “Only team owners can read and write.”

3. Check your Microsoft Teams cache: Sometimes, a cache clear can resolve display issues. Close Microsoft Teams and try the following:

• On Windows, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog, type %appdata%\Microsoft\teams, and delete everything in that folder.
    • On macOS, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams and delete everything in that folder.
  4. Reset Microsoft Teams settings: This will reset all Microsoft Teams settings to their default values. Note that this will delete all custom settings and integrations. To reset Microsoft Teams, close the app and delete the following folders:

• On Windows, %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache and %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\local storage.
    • On macOS, ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/application cache and ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/local storage.

After trying the above steps, if you still can’t see the files or the upload option, you might want to reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance.