Error with Flight Simulator redemption code: says its for pre-order version, but thats not available

I got a physical copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator from Microsoft reps at a flight sim event.

When I try to redeem the code, I get a message saying “You’re Good to go. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Preorder is ready for you”.

But when I click the link to get the game, I get a different message saying “Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard - Preorder is currently not available.”

I just got this physical copy yesterday, so it seems like it should work.

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the redemption code for your physical copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Here’s what might be going on: The code could be specifically for the pre-order version, which isn’t available anymore since the game is already out. But don’t worry, there’s a simple solution.

1. Try redeeming the code again, but this time, go to the Xbox Store directly.
  2. Sign in to your Xbox account and navigate to the Microsoft Flight Simulator page.
  3. Look for the “Install” button instead of clicking on the link provided in the original message. If you see the install option, it means the code has been successfully redeemed, and you should be able to download the standard edition of the game.

If this doesn’t work, here are some additional steps:

1. Check the game’s release date and your region. Make sure the game is available in your region and the release date is the same as the one mentioned on your physical copy.
  2. Reach out to Microsoft Support. They might be able to help you resolve the issue or provide more information about the code. Make sure to have the code and your Xbox account details handy.

Keep me updated if these steps help or if you need further assistance