Error on Shutdown After Downloading Files/Apps on Desktop

I'm getting an error with the code “The instruction at 0x00007FFCOBDC3FAA referenced memory at 0x0000000000000024. The memory could not be written.”. I've tried various solutions, but they only temporarily fix the issue until I download something new. If someone can help me resolve this problem, I'd be grateful.

I’m familiar with that error, and it sounds like you’ve been dealing with it for a bit. There are a few things that can cause this issue, but I’ll walk you through some steps to help you resolve it permanently.

First off, let’s cover some possible causes for this error:

• Corrupted System Files: Sometimes, system files get damaged or affected during the download process, leading to memory access issues.
  • Driver Conflicts: Outdated or incompatible drivers can also cause this problem.
  • Malware or Viruses: Malicious software might be interfering with your system memory, leading to the error.
  • RAM Issues: Faulty or insufficient RAM can also cause this issue.

Now, here are the steps to troubleshoot and possibly fix the problem:

1. Run DISM and SFC Tools: These are built-in Windows tools that can help fix corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as Administrator and type:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then, run:

sfc /scannow

This should help fix any corrupted system files.

2. Update Device Drivers: Ensure all your device drivers are up-to-date. Use the built-in Device Manager to do this:

• Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand each category and look for devices with a yellow exclamation mark.
    • Right-click those devices and choose Update Driver.
  3. Run a Full Virus Scan: You might want to run a comprehensive virus scan using Windows Defender or any reputable antivirus tool. Make sure you’re running the latest definitions.

4. Check RAM: Run a memory test using the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic tool:

• Press the Windows key + R and type mdsched.exe.
    • Choose to restart now and check for problems.
    • If it detects any issues with your RAM, consider replacing it.
  5. System Restore: If none of the above steps help, try to restore your system to a point before the error started occurring:

• Press the Windows key + R and type systemrestore.
    • Choose a restore point from before the error started.

If you’re still having issues after trying these steps, it might be worth reinstalling Windows or seeking professional help.

Let me know if any of these steps help you resolve the error.