Epic Games Launcher Causes BSOD on My PC

Whenever I try to download the Epic Games Launcher, my PC crashes with a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This issue doesn't occur with other launchers, like Steam, which works perfectly fine. I'm trying to figure out what's causing this problem.

Hey, so you’re experiencing BSOD issues whenever you try to download games using the Epic Games Launcher on Windows 10. That’s frustrating!

Let’s get to the bottom of this. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Event Viewer for Clues:

• Open the Control Panel and head to Windows Tools.
    • Select Event Viewer from the list.
    • Navigate to Applications and Services Logs to see if any errors are reported.
  2. Update Graphics Drivers:

• Type ‘Check for updates’ in Windows Search.
    • Click the Check for Updates option.
    • If any updates are available, Windows will download and install them.
  3. Disable Driver Verifier:

• Ensure Driver Verifier is turned off on your system.
  4. Check for Hardware Issues:

• If you suspect a hardware issue, try running your system with a single RAM stick and see if the problem persists.
  5. Clean Up System Files:

• Run an SFC scan to fix potential system file corruption:
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Type ‘SFC /scannow’ and press Enter.
  6. Update Unreal Engine and Launchers:

• Make sure you are running the latest versions of Epic Games Launcher and any game engines installed.
  7. Clean Dust from Your System:

• Clean dust from your PC to ensure proper airflow and cooling.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and potentially resolve the cause of the BSOD issues. If the problem persists, you might want to consider reinstalling your operating system or seeking more tailored help specific to your hardware configuration.

Good luck, and let me know if you need further assistance