Edge Web Capture Feature Has Vanished

I'm running Edge version 126.0.2592.68.

Previously, pressing Ctrl+Shift+S would open the 'Web Capture' tool, allowing me to capture the full page or a selected area (a handy feature for taking scrolling screenshots). However, it appears to have been replaced with the basic 'Screenshot' function, which is a standard screenshot tool with limited markup capabilities. I'm wondering why the web capture feature is no longer available.

Hi there,

I understand how frustrating it can be when a feature you rely on suddenly disappears. It looks like the Web Capture tool was moved to a different location in the latest version of Edge. Here’s what you can do to access it:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Press Ctrl + Shift + E (not Ctrl + Shift + S anymore).
    This will open the ‘Web Capture’ tool, allowing you to capture the full page or a selected area.
  3. You can also get to it by clicking the three dots (…)
    on the top right corner of the browser and selecting ‘Web Capture’ from the dropdown menu.

Regarding the ‘Screenshot’ function you’re seeing, it’s true that it’s a basic tool with limited markup capabilities. It’s meant for simple screen captures, but the Web Capture tool should provide the functionality you need for more advanced capturing and markup.

If you are still unable to access the Web Capture tool after following these steps, make sure you have the latest version of Edge installed, and if necessary, consider resetting your browser settings.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers.