Edge Favorites Not Saving Outside Workspace Folders

I created a separate Workspace in MS Edge for my web development projects to keep them organized. When I was outside of this workspace, I saved some bookmarks to a specific folder within the web development workspace without any issues.

However, when I switched to the web development workspace and checked the same folder, the bookmark was missing. I also checked the default view of MS Edge, but the bookmark was nowhere to be found.

This seems like a bug, as the bookmark should be available in the workspace immediately or sync later.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Hey there!

Sounds like you’re running into a pretty frustrating issue with Edge’s Workspaces feature. Sorry to hear that your bookmarks aren’t syncing properly.

Here’s a quick rundown of what might be happening and what you can try to fix it:

1. Checkout Edge Sync Settings: Ensure that your Edge browser is set to sync your data, including favorites. Head to Edge Settings, then click on Profiles, and then Sync. Make sure the toggle is turned On for Favorites. This should sync your bookmarks across all your Edge profiles and devices.

2. Sign-out and Sign-in Again: Sometimes, a simple sign-out and sign-in can resolve sync issues. Click on Edge Settings, then Profiles, and Sign out. Wait a few seconds, then sign back in with your Microsoft account.

3. Check Folder Permissions: It’s possible that you’ve restricted access to the specific folder where you saved the bookmark. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access and save bookmarks within that folder. Try moving the bookmark to a different folder to see if it saves correctly.

4. Disable and Re-enable Workspaces: Try disabling Workspaces entirely, then re-enabling it. This might reset the workspace’s sync functionality: Go to Edge Settings, scroll down to Workspaces, and toggle the Workspaces switch to Off. Wait a few seconds, then toggle it back On.

5. Reset Edge Sync: If all else fails, you can try resetting Edge’s sync data. This will log you out of your profile, and all synced data will be deleted. You’ll need to sign back in and re-sync your data. Warning: This step will remove all synced data, so proceed with caution. To reset sync data, go to Edge Settings, then Reset settings, and click Reset sync data.

If none of these steps work, it might be worth reporting the issue to Microsoft Edge’s support team. They’ll be able to help you diagnose the issue or potentially fix it in a future update.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if these steps help resolve the problem.