Edge Browser Shortcuts Not Working on iPad

Hello,

I've been using Edge on my iPad lately and I'm impressed with the app. However, I've noticed that not all keyboard shortcuts are functioning as they should.

For instance, the command + L shortcut, which is meant to place the cursor in the URL address bar and enable typing, doesn't work.

Could you please resolve this issue? Thank you!

Best regards

Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience with Edge on iPad!

First off, I want to clarify that keyboard shortcuts might not always translate seamlessly between different platforms and devices. However, there are a few things we can try to troubleshoot this issue and get those shortcuts working for you.

1. Check if your iPad is running the latest iOS and Edge updates: Ensure your iPad is running the latest iOS version, and your Edge app is up to date. Sometimes, updates can resolve compatibility issues that might affect shortcut functionality.

2. Use the iPad Pro keyboard shortcuts: Since you’re on an iPad, you might need to use iPad Pro-specific shortcuts instead of the traditional desktop shortcuts. Here are some equivalents:

• Command + L: Use “⌘ + Option + L”: This should put the cursor in the URL address bar and allow you to type. Alternatively, try “⌘ + K” to focus the address bar.
  3. Reset Edge settings or reinstall the app: If the issue persists, try resetting Edge settings to their default values. Go to Settings > Profiles > Reset Settings. If this doesn’t help, you can also uninstall Edge, restart your iPad, and then reinstall the app.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, please provide more details about your setup, like the iPad model and iOS version you’re running. This will help us dig deeper into the problem.