Dungeon Siege 3 Multiplayer Not Working

I'm experiencing an issue with online multiplayer on my Xbox One while playing a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game, Dungeon Siege 3. Despite having an Xbox Ultimate subscription, I get an error message saying "Your Xbox LIVE profile is not authorized for online gameplay" when I try to join a multiplayer game. I've already tried restarting and ensuring online settings are enabled, but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Hey, sorry to hear you’re running into that issue. Firstly, let’s clarify that backwards-compatible games aren’t fully integrated into the Xbox One’s online ecosystem, which can sometimes cause issues like this. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Double-check your Xbox LIVE profile settings:

• Make sure your Xbox LIVE profile is set to allow online multiplayer. You can do this by going to Settings > Profile & system > Profile > Online safety & family > Online multiplayer. Ensure that “You can play online multiplayer games” is set to “Allowed”.
  2. Verify your Xbox Ultimate subscription:

• Ensure that your Xbox Ultimate subscription is active and up-to-date. You can do this by going to Settings > Profile & system > Profile > Membership & subscriptions. Verify that your subscription is active and you have the necessary permissions to play online multiplayer games.
  3. Clear the Xbox 360 cache:

• For backwards-compatible games like Dungeon Siege 3, clearing the Xbox 360 cache might help resolve issues related to online gameplay. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until the Power Center appears. Select Restart console, then Reset console, and finally choose Reset and remove everything. When your Xbox restarts, try launching Dungeon Siege 3 again.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They’ll be able to help you troubleshoot or provide more specific guidance based on your Xbox profile and subscription status.