Do I receive a digital code when redeeming rewards points for a Microsoft Gift Card?

Considering redeeming reward points for a Microsoft gift card, I'm curious to know if it will be added directly to my account or if I'll receive a code instead. If it's added automatically, is there an option to receive a code instead?

When you redeem your reward points for a Microsoft Gift Card, you will typically receive a digital code. This code can be redeemed on the Microsoft Store or other participating merchants that accept Microsoft Gift Cards.

The gift card code will be sent to you via email. Once you receive the email, you can use the code to add the gift card balance to your Microsoft account or gift it to someone else.

If you want to add the gift card balance directly to your account, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store website or open the Microsoft Store app on your PC.
  2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
  3. Click on the “Gift Cards” section.
  4. Enter the gift card code you received via email.
  5. Click “Redeem” to add the balance to your account.

Keep in mind that some reward programs might have slightly different redemption processes. It’s always a good idea to review the terms and conditions of your specific reward program for any unique requirements or procedures.