Displaying Unread Message Counts for Multiple Mailboxes in Outlook

Is it possible to view unread message counts from multiple mailboxes in the new Outlook, similar to Windows Mail?

I'm being forced to switch from Windows Mail to the new Outlook, but I'm not happy about it. Windows Mail always worked well for me.

The issue I'm having with the new Outlook is that I want to be able to quickly see if I have new emails in all my email accounts. Currently, I have to click on each account individually, which is too time-consuming. If I can't find a solution, I'll have to consider using a different email client. I'm open to paying for a better alternative if necessary.

Hey there, I totally get your frustration with switching from Windows Mail to Outlook. It can be tough to adjust to a new interface, especially when you relied on certain features in your old app.

So, you want to see unread message counts for multiple mailboxes in Outlook without having to click on each account individually, just like Windows Mail. Here’s what you can do:

First, you’ll need to add the Inbox folders from each account to the “Favorites” area in Outlook. This will allow you to see all your Inboxes at once. Here’s how:

1. Open Outlook and navigate to the “Folder Pane” on the left side.
  2. Right-click on each Inbox folder from your different accounts and select “Show in Favorites.”
  3. Once all Inboxes are in your Favorites, you can see them aggregated in one place.

While this isn’t exactly like Windows Mail, it’s the closest you’ll get without using third-party plugins or scripts. However, keep in mind that Outlook doesn’t update the unread count for all accounts until you click on each Inbox folder. It shows the count only for the selected account.

Now, I know this isn’t the ideal solution, but it might make things a bit more manageable for you. If you’re open to using other email clients, there are some great alternatives out there. For instance, you could check out Mozilla Thunderbird, which supports multiple accounts and has a more customizable interface.

One more thing to note is that Outlook can sometimes display incorrect unread counts or not update them properly. If you encounter this issue, you can try right-clicking the folder and selecting “Mark All as Read,” or disabling and re-enabling “Use Cached Exchange Mode” under your Account Settings.

I hope this helps you navigate Outlook a bit better. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask