Disable Microsoft Account Sign-in at Startup

I'm tired of signing in every time I start my PC. I've tried some solutions from this site, but none of them worked. I also can't set up a Windows Hello pin because I get a "Something went wrong" error. Is there a way to disable the Microsoft account sign-in at startup without using Windows Hello? I know this will reduce my security, but I don't want to be forced to have an internet connection all the time.

Hey there,

I understand your frustration with the constant sign-in prompts when you start your PC. Disabling the Microsoft account sign-in at startup without using Windows Hello is possible. Keep in mind that this will reduce your security, but I understand you want more control over your login experience.

Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to help you achieve this:

Method 1: Disable Sign-in via Settings

1. Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 device.
  2. Go to the “Accounts” section and select the “Sign-in options” tab.
  3. Scroll down to the “Additional Settings” section.
  4. Uncheck the box next to “For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device”.
  5. Save your changes and restart your PC.

Method 2: Use netplwiz for Automatic Login

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type netplwiz and click OK.
  3. In the User Accounts dialog box, uncheck the box next to “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
  4. Click Apply and then OK.
  5. Enter your username and password to save the changes.
  6. Restart your PC to log in automatically without prompting.

Additional Tips:

• Be aware that disabling sign-in prompts reduces security and could leave your device vulnerable.
  • If you still get sign-in prompts, ensure you don’t have additional security measures like PIN or fingerprint authentication enabled.
  • Local account setup can also help avoid Microsoft sign-ins, but you’ll lose access to some integrated features.

I hope these methods help you achieve a smoother login experience.