Correlation ID Error Tag: 4pgpl on Samsung Phone with Office 365 Outlook

Just got a new Samsung phone and I'm having trouble setting up my account on Outlook through Office 365.

I keep getting an error with the following details:

Correlation Id: 695552f4-136f-4a8b-b402-9a336a0a7d0d

Timestamp: 2024-06-15T22:04:10.000Z

DPTI: 5bd36791f1408b9a

Error Tag: 4pgpl

Error Code: 0

First off, congrats on the new Samsung phone. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble setting up Outlook. Let’s try to get that sorted out for you.

The error message you provided looks like a typical Office 365 error, so don’t worry, it’s not phone-specific. The good news is that the correlation ID and other details can help us troubleshoot the issue.

Here’s what you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Restart Your Phone and Outlook: Sometimes, a simple restart can clear up connectivity issues. Try closing Outlook, restarting your phone, and then open Outlook again to see if the error persists.

2. Check Your Office 365 Account Status: Ensure your Office 365 account is active and not expired. You can do this by logging into your Office 365 account on a web browser. If there are any issues, resolve them, and then try setting up Outlook on your Samsung phone again.

3. Disable and Re-enable Your Account in Outlook: Go to Settings > Accounts > Your Office 365 Account, then toggle the switch to disable the account. Wait for about 30 seconds and toggle it back on. This can help refresh the connection.

4. Clear Outlook Data: Go to Settings > Apps > Outlook, then tap Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. BE CAREFUL not to tap Uninstall by mistake. This will remove all your Outlook data, so you’ll need to set it up again if you do this.

5. Check Your Phone’s Time and Date: Ensure your phone’s date and time are set correctly. If they’re not, Outlook might have trouble syncing with the server.

6. Reach Out to Office 365 Support: If none of the above steps work, you can contact Office 365 support using the correlation ID you provided. They’ll be able to look into the specific issue and assist you further.

Try these steps, and if you’re still having trouble, come back with any additional details or error messages you might get. I’m here to help.