Copilots Select Tone feature missing from my browser - why?

I'm stuck with the basic balanced tone, which isn't ideal as it shortens the answers. I used to be able to choose from various tones, but that option seems to be missing now. Interestingly, the app still offers tone selection, but the web version doesn't. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Hey there,

I totally get why you’d want more tone options. I’ve done some digging, and here’s what I found:

First, it’s worth noting that Microsoft has been making changes to the Bing Copilot recently, so it’s possible that the tone feature got temporarily removed or moved. Here are a few potential solutions to get you back on track:

Check Your Browser Version

Ensure you’re running the latest version of your web browser. Sometimes, updating to the latest version can resolve issues like this. You can check for updates in your browser settings.

Clear Browser Cache and Data

Try clearing your browser cache and data. This can often resolve issues where features go missing. Here’s how to do it in popular browsers:

1. Chrome: Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete (Windows/Linux) or Command + Shift + Delete (Mac). Go to Browsing history and select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Click Clear data.

2. Edge: Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete (Windows/Linux). Go to Browsing history and select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Click Clear.

Try a Different Browser

If you’re using a specific browser, try switching to a different one (like Chrome, Edge, or Firefox) to see if the tone selection feature is available there.

Wait a Bit

It’s possible that the feature is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or changes. Give it a few days and check back to see if the tone selection feature has been reinstated.

If none of these steps work, you might want to reach out to Microsoft Support directly to report the issue. They might have more insight into what’s going on.

Let me know if any of these solutions work for you