Copilot Key AI Not Working

I've got a new laptop with a Copilot key, but when I press it, Windows search pops up instead of what I expected. Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

Hey there Sorry to hear the Copilot key isn’t working as expected on your new laptop.

First, let’s clarify what the Copilot key is supposed to do. It’s a new feature in Windows 11 that allows you to quickly access AI-powered features, like suggesting text or performing tasks. If it’s opening Windows search instead, there might be a few reasons for this.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you get the Copilot key working correctly:

1. Check your Windows 11 version: Make sure you’re running the latest version of Windows 11. The Copilot key feature was introduced in a later update, so if you’re running an older version, you might not have it enabled.

2. Disable and re-enable the Copilot key: Sometimes, a simple toggle can resolve the issue. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, then navigate to Devices > Keyboard. Look for the Copilot key toggle and switch it off. Wait for 10 seconds, then switch it back on.

3. Check for conflicting keyboard shortcuts: It’s possible that another program or feature is interfering with the Copilot key. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, then navigate to Devices > Keyboard. Scroll down to the Keyboard shortcuts section and look for any conflicts with the Copilot key (usually F1 or F2). If you find a conflict, try changing the shortcut or disabling the conflicting feature.

4. Reset Windows Search: Windows Search might be causing the issue. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, type wsreset.exe, and press Enter. This will reset Windows Search to its default state.

5. Reach out to the manufacturer: If none of the above steps work, it’s possible that there’s a firmware or hardware issue with your laptop’s keyboard. Reach out to the manufacturer’s support team for further assistance.

Let me know if any of these steps resolve the issue for you