Copilot Dictation Limit: Why Only 10 Words Allowed?

Initially, I had a great experience with Copilot, as I could dictate long sentences without any issues. It was perfect for explaining my questions or issues in detail before Copilot responded.

However, lately, I've been cut off after just a few words, and Copilot responds prematurely.

I've tried various approaches to resolve this, such as dictating at different speeds, adjusting the mic position, and more, but nothing seems to work.

What's causing this issue?

Has there been a recent change that's affecting the dictate function?

Due to this problem, I'm currently unable to use Copilot, and it's becoming so frustrating that I'm considering alternative options.

Can someone explain what's gone wrong since its launch that's made it so difficult to use?

Hey there, I totally feel you. I’ve been using Copilot regularly too, and I’ve seen some changes lately. The 10-word limit does feel restrictive, doesn’t it? Here are some possible reasons and some potential solutions:

1. Temporary Server Overload: Sometimes the servers might be handling a high volume of requests, leading to this word limit. To check if it’s a server issue, try closing and reopening the Copilot window or restarting your Edge browser. This simple trick might get you back to normal dictation.

2. Mic Settings: Ensure your microphone is set as the default input device. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Sound > Input. Make sure the mic level is not too low or too high, as this could affect the dictation accuracy. Adjusting your mic settings might resolve the issue.

3. Browser Updates: It’s possible that recent updates to Microsoft Edge have momentarily affected the Copilot functionality. Try updating your browser to the latest version, which might address any temporary bugs.

4. Disable and Re-enable Copilot: Sometimes, just disabling and re-enabling the Copilot feature can reset it. To do this, go to edge://settings/copilot, toggle the switch off, wait for 30 seconds, and then toggle it back on.

5. Background Noise: Background noise can sometimes interfere with dictation. Ensure you’re in a quiet environment or try using a noise-canceling headset.

If none of these solutions work, feel free to provide more details about your setup and environment, and we can investigate further.