Comcast IMAP Email Not Syncing Correctly with Outlook for Android

Since May, some emails sent and received through my Comcast account have been missing from my Outlook for Android app.

However, these emails are visible in the Gmail app, Outlook for Windows, and Comcast's web client.

I've tried resetting the account, removing and re-adding it, and clearing storage, but the issue persists. It seems a recent update has broken the IMAP interface, and a fix is needed.

Hey, thanks for sharing this frustrating issue with your Comcast IMAP emails not syncing correctly on Outlook for Android.

Firstly, it’s great that you’ve tried some troubleshooting steps already. Let’s dive into some more detailed steps to help resolve the issue:

1. Check IMAP Settings:
    Ensure the IMAP settings on your Outlook for Android app are correct. Go to Settings > Accounts > Comcast Account > Account Settings. Verify the following:

• Incoming Mail Server: The server should be imap.comcast.net, and the port should be 993.
    • Outgoing Mail Server: The server should be smtp.comcast.net, and the port should be 587.
    • Encryption: Ensure both incoming and outgoing servers are set to use SSL or TLS.
  2. Check Spam Folder:
    Sometimes, emails might be marked as spam and not synced to your Outlook for Android app. Log in to your Comcast web client and check the spam folder. If you find the missing emails there, mark them as not spam and try to sync again.

3. Disable and Re-enable IMAP:
    Log in to your Comcast web client and go to Settings > Mail Settings > IMAP Access. Disable IMAP access, wait for a minute, and then re-enable it. This can sometimes refresh the connection and resolve sync issues.

4. Advanced Troubleshooting:

• Check for duplicate accounts: Ensure you don’t have duplicate Comcast accounts set up on your Outlook for Android app.
    • Disable sync for a while: Temporarily disable email sync on the app, wait a few minutes, and then enable it again.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be a problem with the Outlook for Android app itself, and reporting it to Microsoft or reaching out to their support could be the next step.

Let me know if any of these steps help, or if you need further assistance.