Combine Multiple Email Accounts into One Inbox with Outlook

I'm having trouble with the "unified inbox" feature in the new Outlook app. Can someone provide correct instructions on how to use it? If not, I may need to switch to a different email client that supports this feature, which is essential for me.

Hey there It sounds like you’re having some issues with setting up the unified inbox on Outlook. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you out.

First, let me clarify that the unified inbox feature is a bit different from what you might expect. Instead of having a single inbox that aggregates all your emails from multiple accounts, Outlook lets you link multiple accounts and then views them individually within the app. Here’s how you can set it up:

1. Open Outlook and click on the File tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on Add Account.
  3. Choose the type of account you want to add (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com).
  4. Enter the required login details for the new account.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each additional account you want to link.

Once you’ve linked all your accounts, you can switch between them by clicking on the account names at the top left of the Outlook window. Each account will have its own inbox, but you can view them all within the same Outlook app.

If you want to see all your emails from multiple accounts in a single view, you can use the Focused Inbox feature instead. Here’s how to enable it:

1. Click on the View tab.
  2. Check the box next to Focused Inbox.
  3. Click OK to apply the changes.

This will create a single view that shows important emails from all your linked accounts, while less important emails will be moved to a separate folder. You can customize the Focused Inbox settings by going to File > Options > Mail and adjusting the settings under Focused Inbox.

If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details about your issue, and I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot it