Color disappears from images after I save them?

I've recently upgraded to a new monitor (PG32UCDM) and noticed a strange issue. Whenever I save an image, whether it's a PNG or JPEG, the colors appear desaturated when I open it. This is evident in the screenshot I've shared, where the thumbnail displays the correct colors, but the actual image is washed out. As a video editor, this is a major problem, as images imported into and exported from Premiere and Photoshop have incorrect colors, disrupting my workflow. I'm struggling to find a solution and haven't come across anyone with a similar issue. Can anyone assist me with this?

Hey there, fellow Windows 10 user I’m here to help you troubleshoot that weird color issue you’re experiencing with your images.

First off, let’s rule out the obvious: monitor settings. Since you’ve got a new monitor, it’s possible that the colors are being affected by the display settings. Have you tried calibrating your monitor? You can do this by going to Settings > Display > Display adapter properties, and then clicking on the Color Management tab. From there, you can adjust the color settings to see if it makes a difference.

Now, let’s dive into the meat of the issue. It’s possible that the problem lies with Windows 10’s color management system. Here’s what you can try:

1. Check your color profile: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, type colorcpl and press Enter. This will open the Color Management window. Make sure that the correct color profile is selected for your monitor. If you’re not sure, try resetting the profile to its default settings.
  2. Disable color management for specific apps: It’s possible that Premiere and Photoshop are causing the issue. Try disabling color management for these apps specifically. To do this, go back to the Color Management window, click on the Devices tab, and select the device you’re using (in this case, your monitor). Then, click on the Add button and select the app you want to disable color management for (e.g. Premiere). Repeat this process for Photoshop.
  3. Check your image settings in Premiere and Photoshop: Make sure that the color settings in both Premiere and Photoshop are set to use the correct color space (e.g. sRGB or Adobe RGB). You can do this by going to the preferences or settings in each app and looking for the color management options.

If none of these steps solve the issue, it’s possible that there’s a problem with your graphics drivers. You can try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version or rolling back to a previous version to see if that resolves the issue.

Lastly, if all else fails, you might want to consider using a third-party color management tool to see if it can help resolve the issue.

Let me know if any of these steps help you out