Cant Sign in to Microsoft Account on Desktop

I'm experiencing an issue where I'm stuck in a login loop on my desktop, preventing me from accessing any Microsoft products. The cycle goes like this: enter email, enter password, re-enter password, and so on. I'd appreciate any help to resolve this problem. Thanks :=)

Hey there, sorry to hear that you’re stuck in that annoying login loop. Here are a few potential solutions to help you get back into your Microsoft account:

First off, try the simplest fix: clear your browser’s cache and cookies. This often resolves issues like this. Just open your browser settings, find the cache and cookies section, and clear everything. Then, try signing in again. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next steps.

Here’s a more detailed approach to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your account status: Log in to your Microsoft account from a different device or browser to ensure your account is active and not locked out. If you can sign in successfully, the issue is likely with your desktop setup.
  2. Disable extensions and add-ins: Some browser extensions or Outlook add-ins might be interfering with the login process. Try disabling them one by one and see if the issue persists. Start with any security-related extensions that might be blocking the login page.
  3. Update your browser and Outlook: Ensure your browser and Outlook are updated to the latest versions. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues.
  4. Check your password manager: If you’re using a password manager, try temporarily disabling it and manually entering your credentials to see if it’s interfering.
  5. Run the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant: This tool can help diagnose and fix common issues with Microsoft apps, including login problems. Download and run the tool from the Microsoft support website.
  6. Reset Microsoft sign-in data: This will remove all saved Microsoft login data from your desktop. You can do this by deleting the ‘Microsoft\Protected’ folder in your Windows profile directory (usually C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Protected). Be cautious when deleting system files and make sure you’re in the correct directory.
  7. Re-register Microsoft apps: Try re-registering Microsoft apps using the Windows Store. You can do this by opening the Command Prompt as an administrator and running the command ‘wsreset.exe’.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, feel free to provide more details about your setup, and I’ll do my best to help you troubleshoot further.