Cant See Friends Online Status

I'm experiencing an issue on Xbox where my friends, including the one I regularly play with, no longer appear online even when we're in the same game together. Their status shows they were last online 29 days ago. I've checked my privacy settings and they're set to allow friends to see me online, but I still don't show up. Is there a solution to this problem?

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having this issue. The problem you’re facing is quite frustrating, especially when you’re trying to play with your regular gaming buddy.

First, let’s cover some basics to ensure we’ve got everything set up correctly. Since you’ve already checked your privacy settings, let’s confirm a few things:

1. Make sure your Xbox account is set to allow friends to see your online status. You can do this by going to Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy. Ensure “Online status” is set to “Everybody” or “Friends.”
  2. Double-check your friend list to ensure the friend you’re trying to see online is not set to “Blocked” or “Favorites Only.” You can do this by going to the Friends app, selecting the friend, and checking their status.

Now, assuming everything is set up correctly on the privacy front, here are some potential solutions to try:

• Restart Your Xbox: Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues. Try turning off your Xbox, waiting for 30 seconds, and then turning it back on. This might refresh your online status and get everything working again.
  • Check Xbox Server Status: Xbox servers might be experiencing issues, which could be causing problems with online status visibility. You can check the Xbox server status on the official Xbox support website or the Xbox Status Twitter account.
  • Reset Your Xbox Network Settings: This will reset your network settings to their default values, which might help resolve any connectivity issues. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Reset network settings.
  • Clear Your Friends List Cache: This might sound strange, but it’s worth trying. Go to the Friends app, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then press the “X” button to quit the app. Wait for about 30 seconds and then reopen the Friends app.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Xbox support for further assistance. They’ll be able to help you troubleshoot the problem or escalate it to their technical team if needed.

Let me know if any of these solutions work for you, or if you need further help.