Cant Save Files: Documents Wont Save

I recently bought a one-time purchase of Office Home and Business 2021 for Mac. After downloading and installing it on my Mac, I'm having trouble editing documents. When I try, I get this error message:

Activate your subscription to save your changes,

Hey there, I think I know what’s going on.

You’ve got a one-time purchase, but the error message is asking you to activate a subscription. This is because Microsoft Office 2021 for Mac is designed to be used with a subscription, not a one-time purchase. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Sign in with your Microsoft account: Make sure you’re signed in with the Microsoft account you used to purchase Office Home and Business 2021 for Mac. This should connect your purchase to your account.

2. Go to the Microsoft Account Page: Open a web browser and head to the Microsoft account page (www.office.com/myaccount). Sign in with the same Microsoft account.

3. Check Your Subscriptions: Look for the “Subscriptions” tab and click on it. You should see your one-time purchase listed. If you don’t see it, you might need to add the product key. You can find the product key on your purchase receipt or in the installation email.

4. Update Your Office Apps: Open any Office app (e.g., Word, Excel), and click on “Help” in the top menu. Then, select “Check for Updates.” This will ensure you have the latest version of Office, which might fix the issue.

5. Try Saving Again: After updating, try saving a document again. You should be able to save your changes without any issues.

If you’re still having trouble, you can try reinstalling Office or contacting Microsoft Support for further assistance.