Cant Reset OneDrive Outlook Password - Forgot Password Not Working

What if I forgot my Outlook password and can't reset it through the "forgot password" option? Is there another way to change my Outlook password?

If you’re unable to reset your Outlook password through the typical “forgot password” process, here are some alternative methods to try:

Method 1: Microsoft Support

1. Contact Microsoft Support. Reach out to Microsoft’s official support team, who can help you reset your password manually. They’ll need to verify your identity to ensure it’s really you trying to reset the password. Be prepared to provide some personal info and details about your account.

Method 2: Recovery Email or Phone

1. Use Recovery Email or Phone. If you set up a recovery email or phone number when you created your Outlook account, you can use those to regain access. Go to the Outlook login page, click “Can’t access your account?”, and follow the prompts to enter your recovery email or phone number. This should allow you to reset your password.

Method 3: Account Recovery URL

1. Find Account Recovery URL. Check your email accounts for an email from Microsoft that contains a password reset link. This link might be buried in an old email, so take your time searching.
  2. Use the Recovery Link. If you find the email, click the provided link to reset your password.

Method 4: Two-Step Verification (2SV)

1. Check Your 2SV Settings. If you have 2SV enabled on your Outlook account, you might be able to use it to regain access. Go to the Outlook login page and try entering your email address. You might be prompted for the 2SV code instead of your password.
  2. Get the 2SV Code. If you have access to the phone or device linked to your 2SV, you can retrieve the code. Enter it to log in.
  3. Reset Password Post-Login. Once logged in, go to your account settings and reset your password.

Additional Tips

• Make sure you’re using the correct recovery info. If you’re certain you entered the correct recovery email or phone, try re-entering it to ensure there are no typos.
  • Check for security notifications. If you recently enabled enhanced security, you might need to disable it temporarily to reset your password.

Give one of these methods a try and see if it helps you regain access to your Outlook account. Good luck