Cant Register Website as an App - Help Needed

Hi,

I've created a basic web app and want to register it as an application in Edge. However, when running the site from my local disk, this option is greyed out. Is there another way to register a local website as an application? I'm using Edge on Hololens 2, but the issue is the same on the desktop version. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Here are the steps to register your local website as an application on Microsoft Edge:

When you’re trying to register a local website as an application in Microsoft Edge, you might encounter an issue where the “Install site as an app” option is greyed out. This can happen even if you’re using the desktop version of Edge. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Open Microsoft Edge with Administrator Privileges:

• If you’re on a desktop, right-click on the Microsoft Edge icon and select “Run as Administrator.”
    • If you’re on Hololens 2, check if you have the necessary permissions to run Edge with elevated rights.
  2. Host Your Local Website on a Local Server:

• Instead of running the site directly from your local disk, you need to host it on a local server, such as IIS or a Node.js server.
    • This ensures your local site has a fully qualified URL, which should allow the “Install site as an app” option to be enabled.
  3. Install Site as an App:

• Open your locally hosted website in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
    • Hover over “Apps” and click “Install this site as an app.”
    • Follow the prompts to install and configure the app.

By hosting your local site on a local server and running Edge with administrator privileges, you should be able to register your site as an application in Microsoft Edge.