Cant Redeem Microsoft Rewards Points Abroad? Heres Why

I need help with an issue. Since the rewards in my country are very low, I've been using a VPN to access rewards from other countries. However, when I try to redeem my rewards, I get an error message. Can someone please assist me with this problem?

Hey there, I totally get why you’re trying to access rewards from other countries, especially if they’re more enticing than what you have locally. I’m here to help you figure out why you can’t redeem your points.

The main reason you’re encountering this issue is that Microsoft Rewards is tied to your location. When you use a VPN to access rewards from another country, you’re essentially trying to trick the system into thinking you’re located elsewhere. While this might work for browsing rewards, it usually doesn’t fly when it comes to redeeming them.

Here’s what’s likely happening:

1. IP Address Mismatch: When you sign up for Microsoft Rewards, your account is linked to your IP address, which is tied to your physical location. When you use a VPN, your IP address changes to match the location of the VPN server. This mismatch between your original IP address and the VPN IP address raises a red flag, leading to the error message.

2. Location Verification: Microsoft Rewards has measures in place to verify your location when you try to redeem points. Since your VPN IP address doesn’t match your original location, the system flags your redemption attempt as suspicious.

To get around this issue, you have a few options:

1. Redeem Points Locally: If you have accumulated enough points in your local rewards catalog, try redeeming them. You might not get the rewards you want, but at least you can use your points.

2. Wait for Better Local Offers: Keep an eye on your local rewards catalog. Microsoft often updates the rewards, so you might find something more appealing in the future.

3. Consider Alternative Rewards Programs: If you’re not tied to Microsoft Rewards, look into other rewards programs that might offer better incentives or more flexible redemption options.

Remember, using a VPN to access rewards from other countries is against Microsoft Rewards’ terms of service. While it might seem harmless, it can lead to account suspension or termination if caught.

Hope this helps you understand the issue and find a solution that works for you