Cant Play Minecraft on PC After Buying from Xbox Store

I bought Minecraft on my Xbox console and tried to install it on my PC using the Xbox app, but when I launch the game, it asks me to purchase it again. Is there a solution to this issue?

Here’s the deal. You’re running into this issue because the Xbox app doesn’t directly support playing Xbox-purchased games on PC. But there’s a workaround.

First, make sure you’re signed in to the same Microsoft account on both your Xbox and your PC. That’s key. Now, here’s what you need to do:

1. Open the Microsoft Store on your PC.
  2. Search for Minecraft.
  3. Click the “Install” button. Yes, it might seem weird since you already own it on Xbox, but bear with me.

The Microsoft Store will recognize that you already own Minecraft through your Xbox purchase, so it’ll allow you to download and install it without needing to buy it again. Once it’s installed, you should be able to launch and play Minecraft on your PC without any issues.

If for some reason the Microsoft Store doesn’t recognize your Xbox purchase, you can try unlinking and relinking your Xbox account to your Microsoft account. That’s usually the culprit. Let me know if you need further assistance with that.