Cant Link Phone Number to Account Due to Error

Every time I try to enter my phone number, I get this error message.

It says to try another verification method.

The error message reads: “This verification method is not working at the moment. Try another method.”

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having trouble linking your phone number to your Bing account. The error message “This verification method is not working at the moment. Try another method” is pretty vague, but I’ll walk you through a few steps to help you troubleshoot and fix the issue.

Here are a few things to check first:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you’ve got a stable internet connection, as a poor connection can cause issues with verification methods. Try restarting your router if you’re using Wi-Fi.

2. Verify phone number formatting: Ensure your phone number is correctly formatted. Bing typically accepts numbers in the format +country code followed by the area code and then the rest of the number. For example, if you’re in the US, it would be +1 123-456-7890.

3. Disable any ad blockers or VPNs: Sometimes, ad blockers or VPNs can interfere with verification processes. Try disabling them and see if the issue persists.

4. Clear browser cache and cookies: Clear out your browser cache and cookies. This will ensure there are no temporary issues causing the error. You can usually do this by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac) and following the prompts.

If none of these steps help, you can try using an alternative verification method. Some accounts may have email verification as an option. If that’s not available, try reaching out to Bing’s support team directly, and they should be able to assist you.

Let me know if any of these steps resolve the issue for you or if you need further assistance.