Cant Launch Minecraft Bedrock Edition from Launcher

When I try to open the Minecraft Bedrock launcher, I'm prompted to switch to the new launcher due to incompatibility issues. However, when I attempt to do so, I receive an error message stating:

Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Interestingly, I can play the Java edition without any issues. I've also checked the Microsoft Store, but it's asking me to purchase both games instead of just one.

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you’re unable to launch Minecraft Bedrock Edition from the new launcher. It seems you’re getting the error code 0x803F8001 when trying to switch to the new launcher due to incompatibility issues.

Possible Causes

• Account Issues: Ensure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the correct account. If you have multiple accounts, try switching between them.
  • Version Conflict: Check if you’re running a compatible version of Windows. Make sure it’s updated and you have the latest service packs.

Step-by-Step Fix

1. Uninstall the Minecraft Launcher:

• Press the Windows key + S to open the search box.
    • Type “Minecraft Launcher” and right-click on it.
    • Click Uninstall and follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation.
    • Restart your system.
  2. Delete Local Data:

• Go to the C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local directory.
    • Delete the Minecraft and Microsoft.GamingServices folders.
    • Restart your system.
  3. Check and Update Windows:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Go to Update & Security.
    • Ensure all updates are installed, including optional ones.
    • Restart your system.
  4. Check and Update Game Services:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Go to Settings > Applications > Apps & features.
    • Search for “Game Services.”
    • Click on it and select “Advanced options.”
    • Click “Repair” and then “Reset.”
  5. Reinstall Minecraft Bedrock Edition:

• Go to the Microsoft Store.
    • Search for “Minecraft Bedrock Edition” and install it.
    • Launch the game after installation.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the error and launch Minecraft Bedrock Edition successfully. If you still encounter issues, consider resetting game services or reinstalling the official Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft Store.