Cant Install Windows Update KB5039211

I'm having trouble with the 2024-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5039211).

The update appears to install normally, but it fails during the restart process and reverts the changes.

I've run SFC and DISM tools to troubleshoot, but they didn't resolve the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with that Windows update (KB5039211). I’ve seen this kind of issue before, so let’s dive in and fix it.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to help you out:

1. Disconnect from the internet: Sometimes, a faulty internet connection can cause updates to fail. Try disconnecting your internet connection and then restart the update process. This might help the update complete successfully.

2. Clear the Windows Update Cache:

• Press Windows key + R, type ‘wuauclt /updaters /force’ and press Enter.
    • Wait for the command to complete (you won’t see any output, but it’ll clear the cache).
    • Restart and try the update again.
  3. Check for BIOS updates: Ensure your BIOS is up to date, as outdated BIOS versions can cause issues with Windows updates. Head to your motherboard manufacturer’s website to check for any available BIOS updates.

4. Disable any third-party antivirus: Temporarily disable your antivirus software and see if the update installs successfully. Sometimes, these programs can interfere with the update process.

5. Perform a clean boot: This will disable any unnecessary services and apps that might be causing the problem. Here’s how:

• Press Windows key + R, type ‘msconfig’, and press Enter.
    • In System Configuration, navigate to the Services tab.
    • Check the box for ‘Hide all Microsoft services’, then click ‘Disable all’.
    • Go to the Startup tab and click ‘Open Task Manager’.
    • In Task Manager, disable all startup items.
    • Close Task Manager and System Configuration.
  6. Manually download and install the update:

• Head to the Microsoft Update Catalog and search for KB5039211.
    • Download the update for your system (x64-based Systems).
    • Run the downloaded file to install the update manually.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to consider reinstalling Windows to ensure a clean start.