Cant Find Sent Emails in Outlook

Sometimes, Outlook doesn't save my sent emails, even though the recipients confirm they've received them. The emails are just not in my sent items folder.

This happens randomly, without me making any changes to the settings. And just as randomly, Outlook starts saving my sent emails again.

What's causing this issue?

Hey there,

It sounds like you’re dealing with a frustrating issue where sent emails aren’t showing up in your Sent Items folder in Outlook. I’ve seen this happen a few times, and there are a few possible causes. Here are some potential solutions to help you figure out what’s going on:

1. Check your Outlook settings:
    First, make sure that Outlook is set to save sent items. To do this, go to File > Options > Mail > Save messages. Ensure Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder is checked. If it’s not, toggle it and try sending an email again.

2. Disable and re-enable the Sent Items folder:
    Sometimes, the folder just needs a little kick. Right-click the Sent Items folder and select Properties. In the window that opens, uncheck Show this folder as an e-mail address. Click Apply, then OK. Wait for a few seconds and repeat the steps to re-enable it.

3. Rule out third-party add-ins:
    It’s possible that an add-in is interfering with your sent emails. Try disabling all add-ins and see if the issue persists. To do this, go to File > Options > Add-ins. Uncheck all of them, restart Outlook, and test sending an email.

4. Re-configure your email account:
    If none of the above steps work, try re-setting up your email account in Outlook. Go to File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles > Mail. Remove your email account and set it up again.

5. Check for glitches and corruption:
    If all else fails, Outlook might be dealing with some internal issues. Run the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) to fix any potential corruption: File > Account Settings > Account Settings > More Settings > Open File Location. Look for scanpst.exe and run it. Follow the prompts to scan and repair your files.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, feel free to provide more details about your Outlook setup and the exact error you’re seeing, and I can try to help you further.