Cant find photos taken with camera - where are they stored?

I'm using Windows 11 on my laptop, which has a built-in camera. When I take a selfie, I'm unable to find the saved photo. I've searched through all my picture files, but the photos are nowhere to be found. Can someone assist me?

So you’re having trouble finding the photos you took with your built-in camera on Windows 11.

Here’s what you need to do to locate them:

1. Check the Camera Roll
The default location for camera photos on Windows 11 is the Camera Roll folder under the Pictures section. Open File Explorer, go to Pictures, and navigate into Camera Roll. Check if your photos are there.

2. Check Other Possible Locations
If you don’t see them in Camera Roll, your photos might be in another location. Look in other folders like Pictures, Videos, or even Documents. It’s possible you accidentally saved them elsewhere.

3. Check Your Library Settings
It’s possible that your photo library settings are configured differently than you expect. Open Explorer, right-click Pictures, and select Properties. Ensure your Camera Roll folder is included in your library locations.

4. Check Hidden Files
Sometimes, files can be hidden accidentally. Open File Explorer, navigate to the folder you think your photos should be in, and press Ctrl + Shift + H to show hidden files. If you still can’t find them, try checking Recent Files in the Start menu.

5. Use the Search Function
If you still can’t find your photos manually, try using the built-in search function in File Explorer. Type camera or a specific date in the search bar to see if your photos come up.

If none of these steps help, you might want to consider reinstalling your camera software or doing a system restore to a previous date when your photos were accessible.