Cant Download WhatsApp from Store on Windows 10 - Error Code 0x80073D05

I'm having trouble downloading WhatsApp from the Store on Windows 10, and I'm getting error code 0x80073D05.

In Windows Update, there's a red dot indicating an issue, but when I check, it says Windows is up to date.

When I try to download from the Store, I get an error message telling me to try later, but it never resolves and gives me the same error code: 0x80073D05.

I've tried following tutorials, but I haven't been able to fix the problem, so I'm asking for help.

I'm 69 years old, and while I'm comfortable browsing the internet, I don't have much technical knowledge, so I need some assistance.

Thank you!

Hey there, don’t worry, I’m here to help you out.

The error code 0x80073D05 usually indicates a problem with the Windows Store cache or a pending update. Given you’re seeing that red dot in Windows Update, it’s likely an update issue. Here are some steps to help you resolve the problem:

1. Clear Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter. This will clear the Store cache and might fix the issue.

2. Check Windows Update Again: While it says Windows is up to date, there might be a stuck or pending update. Open Settings, go to Update & Security, and click Check for updates. Wait for it to finish and see if it downloads any updates.

3. Disable and Re-enable the Windows Store: Sometimes, disabling and re-enabling the Store can help. Press the Windows key + R, type powershell, and press Enter. In Powershell, type the following commands:

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$.InstallLocation -like “SystemApps”} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$.InstallLocation -like “SystemApps”} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  4. Run Windows Troubleshooters: Windows has built-in troubleshooters for the Store and updates. Open Settings, go to Update & Security, then click Troubleshoot at the left. Run both the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and the Windows Update troubleshooter.

5. Restart Your PC: After trying all the above steps, restart your PC to ensure any changes take effect.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can try resetting the Windows Store or seeking more advanced help. Keep me posted if you need further assistance. Good luck, and I hope you get WhatsApp up and running soon