Cant Add Phone Number to Bing Rewards - Blocked, What to Do?

I'm having trouble adding my phone number as an account alias. It's being blocked, but I need to add it to receive rewards in the form of account points on Bing. Can someone help me with this?

Hey there, Bing rewards enthusiast!

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble adding your phone number to get those sweet rewards points. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you troubleshoot the issue.

First, let’s try to identify the possible reasons why your phone number might be blocked:

• You’ve already used the number with another Microsoft account: Bing Rewards has a strict one-number-per-account policy, so if you’ve associated the same phone number with another Microsoft account, it won’t let you add it again.
  • Your number is from a non-supported carrier: Bing Rewards only supports numbers from certain carriers. Check if your carrier is on the approved list. If not, you might need to use an alternative number.
  • There’s an issue with your account or phone number formatting: Make sure you’re entering your phone number correctly, including the area code and without any special characters or spaces.

Now, let’s try to resolve the issue. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you back on track:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, a simple refresh can do wonders. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies to ensure you’re getting the most up-to-date information.
  2. Check your email and phone number formatting: Double-check that you’re entering your email and phone number correctly. Make sure there are no typos or unnecessary characters.
  3. Try adding the number from a different device or browser: If you’re using a browser extension or add-on that might be interfering, try adding the number from a different device or browser to isolate the issue.
  4. Contact Bing Rewards support: If none of the above steps work, it’s time to reach out to Bing Rewards support directly. They can help you troubleshoot the issue or provide more information on why your number is being blocked.

If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details about the error message you’re seeing or any other relevant information, and I’ll do my best to assist you further.