Cant Access GTA Online with Game Pass Subscription

I'm having trouble playing GTA online even though I've set another account as my home Xbox. What's going on?

The other account has a Game Pass subscription.

Hey there, sounds like you’re running into some trouble accessing GTA Online with your Game Pass subscription.

First, let me clarify - having another account set as your home Xbox doesn’t necessarily mean you can access all of that account’s content on your own Xbox.

Here’s what you can try to fix the issue:

1. Double-check your subscription: Ensure the other account with the Game Pass subscription is actively subscribed and not expired. You can do this by loggin in to the Microsoft website and checking the subscription status.

2. Check your Xbox settings: Make sure your Xbox is set to the correct home Xbox for the account with the Game Pass. You can do this by going to Settings > Account > Family & other users > Manage family > Set this Xbox as home Xbox.

3. Sign in to the correct account: Sign in to the account with the Game Pass subscription directly on your Xbox, not through the home Xbox setting. This will ensure you’re accessing the content under the correct user profile.

4. Disable and re-enable GTA V: Sometimes, a simple game reset can do the trick. Go to Settings > Apps > GTA V > Uninstall. Then, reinstall the game from the Microsoft Store.

5. Check for any server issues: GTA Online might be experiencing server issues or maintenance. Check the Rockstar Games Service Status page to see if there are any known issues.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be worth reaching out to Xbox support directly for further assistance.