Cannot Send Emails in Outlook: Object Not Found Error

I'm having issues with Outlook. I had multiple email accounts, including a client email, but the data file got corrupted and I couldn't access Outlook. To fix this, I had to remove the profile and then re-enter my email address, which is connected to a Gmail account. Outlook synced with my Gmail account and recovered my emails. However, I'm unable to send emails and get an "Object not found" error. Upon checking my email data files, I see two files: the original from 6/21/24 and a new one from today. How can I restore the old data file from Friday?

The error message is:

Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object cannot be found.'

Sounds like you’ve got a bit of a mess on your hands with Outlook!

First off, it’s great that you were able to recover your emails by removing and re-adding your profile. Now, about that “Object not found” error when sending emails - I think I can help you fix it.

Given that you have two data files now, one from Friday and one from today, it’s likely that Outlook is trying to use the new data file that was created today. This new file might not have the necessary configuration or settings to send emails correctly, resulting in the error you’re seeing.

Here’s a step-by-step solution to try and restore the old data file from Friday:

1. Close Outlook completely: Make sure it’s fully shut down before you proceed.

2. Navigate to the Outlook Data Files location: This should be somewhere like C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\Outlook Files or C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. You can also search for .pst files on your computer to find the location.

3. Rename the new data file: Find the .pst file with today’s date and rename it something like Outlook Data File (New).pst. This will allow Outlook to ignore it for now.

4. Rename the old data file back to its original name: Find the .pst file from Friday and rename it back to its original name, which should match the name of your email account (e.g., Gmail CAB 박.pst).

5. Start Outlook again: Open Outlook and see if it automatically picks up the old data file. If not, you might need to re-add the email account or select the correct data file manually.

6. Check your Outlook account settings: Ensure that your email account is set up correctly and the data file is selected properly. You can do this by going to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, then select your email account and click Change Folder to make sure the correct data file is selected.

If these steps don’t work, you might need to try reinstalling Outlook or seeking further assistance from Microsoft support.