Can I Run Microsoft Office on a Gaming PC?

I recently purchased an Asus gaming laptop that didn't come with Microsoft Office pre-installed.

I decided to buy an Office subscription to get the software.

Now, I'm wondering what would happen if I were to factory reset my laptop.

Would the Office software be deleted, and would I be unable to recover it?

Would I need to purchase the subscription again?

If you factory reset your laptop, you’ll lose all installed programs, including Microsoft Office. But don’t worry, you won’t need to purchase the subscription again. Here’s what you should do:

1. Make sure you have your Microsoft Office subscription login credentials. You’ll need them to reactivate Office after the reset.
  2. Back up your Office files: Save any important documents or files you’ve created with Office to an external drive, cloud storage (like OneDrive or Google Drive), or upload them to a secure file-sharing service. You don’t want to lose your work!

When you’re ready to reset your laptop, follow these steps:

1. Factory reset your laptop according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This will wipe all data, including installed programs.
  2. Reinstall Windows and set up your laptop as usual.
  3. Sign in to your Microsoft account: Use the same login credentials you used to purchase the Office subscription.
  4. Download and install Office: Go to the Microsoft Office website, sign in, and you should see the option to download and install Office.
  5. Activate Office: Enter your subscription login credentials to reactivate Office.

Your subscription will remain valid, and you won’t need to purchase it again. You can always access your Office files from your backed up locations.

One more thing: consider enabling the “Sign in with a Microsoft account instead” option when setting up Office. This will link your Office installation to your Microsoft account, making it easier to recover your subscription in case you need to reset your laptop again in the future.