Business Verification: A Step-by-Step Guide

Having trouble verifying a business on Bing. All required information has been added, but the verification option is missing. The message says "due to operational issues the post card can't be issued comeback in 7-10 days" and phone verification is not available.

Any alternative verification methods or solutions to this issue?

I totally feel you, dealing with verification issues can be frustrating. I’ve got some alternatives and workarounds that might help you out.

First off, since the postcard option is on hold, and phone verification isn’t available, let’s explore other methods. Here are a few:

1. Email Verification: If your business email is linked to the Bing Business Portal, you can try verifying through email. Make sure the email is visible on your business listing, then request an email verification. This might be a quicker option compared to waiting for the postcard.
  2. Instant Verification: If your business is already verified on Google My Business, you can use that to instantly verify on Bing. Just sign in with the same Google account you used for GMB, and you should be good to go.

Now, if none of these alternatives work, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:

1. Double-check your listing: Ensure all your business information is accurate and up-to-date, including the address. Sometimes, small errors can prevent verification.
  2. Clear browser cache: It might sound simple, but clearing your browser cache can resolve weird issues like this. Give it a shot!
  3. Try a different browser: If the above doesn’t work, try using a different browser or device to see if the verification option appears.
  4. Contact Bing Support: If none of the above steps work, it’s time to reach out to Bing Support directly. They might be able to provide more specific guidance or help resolve the operational issue on their end.

Lastly, if you do decide to wait for the postcard, make sure to keep an eye on your mail and follow the instructions once you receive it. Fingers crossed that one of these solutions works for you