Boosts and Reward Points in Copilot: How Do They Work?

I recently found out that I can use my reward points to get extra boosts. I redeemed eight boosts using my points yesterday. But when I received my daily 15 free boosts today, my reward points vanished. Is this supposed to happen? I appreciate the daily free boosts, but it's frustrating to lose my reward points. It feels like rewards should stay rewards!

Hey there, I understand your concern about redeeming boosts and losing your reward points. To clarify, when you redeem boosts using your Microsoft Rewards points, the boosts are directly added to your account. They do not subtract from your daily free boosts.

Here’s how it works:

1. Daily Free Boosts: For Copilot users, you receive 15 free boosts daily. These are automatically replenished every 24 hours, so if you run out of boosts and wait, you’ll get more the next day.

2. Boosts through Rewards Points: You can also use your Microsoft Rewards points to redeem additional boosts. When you do this, it quite literally adds those boosts to your account. For example, if you had 0 boosts and redeemed 8 boosts using your points, you now have 8 boosts.

The issue you’re experiencing, where your reward points vanished after receiving your daily free boosts, might be due to how the boosts are replenished. Here are some things to consider:

1. Replenishment Timing: Like I mentioned earlier, your daily free boosts replenish after 24 hours. Make sure you’re not confusing the timing with your redeemed boosts.

2. Syncing: Sometimes, account synchronizations can be delayed. Check if your rewards points are successfully syncing across your devices and browsers.

3. Duplicates: Ensure you don’t have multiple accounts that might be affecting your rewards points.

If you’re still experiencing issues, it’s always best to reach out to Microsoft support to clarify or resolve any discrepancies.