Boost Outlook Mobile Sync Speed: Get Updates Faster

I'm trying to use Outlook Mobile on my iPad Pro instead of the default Mail app. I've set up multiple accounts and they're working, but syncing secondary folders is slow. For instance, when I send an email from a different device using my iCloud account, it appears almost instantly in the Sent folder of the default Mail app on the iPad, but takes several minutes to show up in the Sent folder in Outlook. I've enabled "Background App Refresh" in Outlook's iPad settings, but can't find any other way to improve sync performance. Is there a solution?

Here’s a solution to improve the sync speed in Outlook Mobile:

Background App Refresh and Notifications

It’s great that you’ve already enabled “Background App Refresh” in Outlook’s iPad settings. This should help the app continue running in the background and update more frequently. Additionally, ensure that notifications are enabled for your iCloud account. You can do this by going to Settings in the Outlook app and selecting Notifications under Mail. Adjust the settings to include the accounts you want to receive notifications for. This should help you receive updates faster.

Update Outlook Regularly

Make sure you’re running the latest version of the Outlook app. Regular updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes. To check for updates:

1. Open the App Store on your iPad.
  2. Tap Updates on the bottom bar.
  3. Scroll to Microsoft Outlook and tap Update.

Disable Text Predictions

Some users have reported significant slowdowns in the Outlook app due to Text Predictions. It might be worth disabling this feature:

1. Open the Outlook app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Scroll down and toggle off Text Predictions.

Use the Focused Inbox Feature

The Focused Inbox feature can help prioritize your important emails and reduce the load on the app. To enable or disable this feature:

1. Open the Outlook app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Scroll down to Focused Inbox and toggle it on or off.

Organize Mail by Thread

Organizing your emails by thread can help darken the load on the app and speed up the syncing process:

1. Open the Outlook app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Scroll down to Organize mail by thread and toggle it off.

Support and Troubleshooting

If none of these steps help, you might want to seek further assistance from Microsoft support or the Outlook community. There may be other users experiencing similar issues that can offer additional advice or solutions.

Troubleshooting Tips

• If you’re still experiencing issues, it might be helpful to delete and reinstall the app, hard reset your device, or check for device-specific issues.

Final Tips

Optimizing the app and adjusting your settings should help improve the sync speed for your secondary folders.