Bedrock Multiplayer Works, But Not on Java Edition?

I’ve adjusted the online safety settings on my Xbox account to allow access, but the Microsoft account settings are still blocking me from playing the Java version of Minecraft on my PC.

Hey there It sounds like you’re running into some issues with Minecraft’s online safety settings. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you out.

First, let’s clarify that the Bedrock Edition and Java Edition have different online safety settings. The Bedrock Edition is tied to your Xbox account, which is why adjusting those settings allowed you to play online. However, the Java Edition is linked to your Microsoft account, which is where the issue lies.

To fix this, you’ll need to adjust the online safety settings for your Microsoft account. Here’s what you can do:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on the Microsoft website.
  2. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner, then select “My Microsoft account” from the dropdown menu.
  3. Scroll down to the “Family” section and click on “Family safety”.
  4. Find the section that says “Activity reporting” and click on “View details”.
  5. Look for the “Allow” or “Block” toggles next to “Online gaming” and make sure it’s set to “Allow”.
  6. Save your changes and try launching Minecraft: Java Edition again.

If you’re still having issues, you might want to check your Windows 10 settings as well. Make sure that Minecraft: Java Edition is allowed to access the internet by following these steps:

1. Open the Start menu and search for “Windows Defender Firewall”.
  2. Click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” on the left side of the window.
  3. Scroll down and find Minecraft: Java Edition in the list of apps. If it’s not there, click “Change settings” and then “Allow another app”.
  4. Select Minecraft: Java Edition from the list of installed programs or browse to its installation directory.
  5. Make sure the “Private” and “Public” checkboxes are both selected.

That should do the trick You should now be able to play Minecraft: Java Edition online without any issues. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to provide more details and I’ll do my best to help you out.