Availability of New Planner for GCC in Microsoft Teams

What is the release date for the new planner in GCC Teams?

As of June 2024, I still only have access to the old planner, which is evident from the old logo and the pre-set My Tasks filters.

The new Planner in GCC Teams is definitely one of the most anticipated features for the past few months.

Here’s the update as per the Microsoft roadmap: the new Planner for GCC (Government Community Cloud) is expected to roll out in late Q3 2024. Yes, it might take a few more months, but trust me, it’ll be worth the wait!

To ensure you get the new Planner as soon as it’s available, here are a few things you can do in the meantime:

1. Check for updates regularly: Keep an eye on the Microsoft Teams admin center and the Message center for any updates on the new Planner rollout.
  2. Verify your Teams version: Make sure your organization is on the latest version of Teams to ensure seamless compatibility with the new Planner.
  3. Monitor the Microsoft 365 Roadmap: Bookmark the Microsoft 365 Roadmap page and filter for “Planner” to stay updated on the latest developments.

For those who are new to the new Planner, here are some key features to look out for:

• Enhanced task management
  • Customizable boards
  • Improved filtering and sorting
  • Better integration with other Microsoft tools

I hope this helps you stay on top of things