Assistance Needed: Cant Resolve Issue on My Own

I'm having trouble with Microsoft Office - neither Word nor Excel will launch.

Hey there, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Microsoft Office. I’m here to help.

The first thing to try is to restart your computer. Yeah, it sounds basic, but sometimes it’s all you need to resolve the issue. After restarting, try to open Word and Excel again. If that doesn’t work, here are some additional steps to take:

1. Check for updates:
    Make sure your Microsoft Office is up to date. Open any other Microsoft Office application like Outlook or PowerPoint, and then check for updates under File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.

2. Repair Office Installation:
    This can fix any broken files or configurations.

• Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, find Microsoft Office, and click Change.
    • Choose Quick Repair, and if that doesn’t work, try Online Repair.
  3. Disable Add-ins:
    Sometimes, an add-in can cause issues.

• For Word, open Word Safe Mode by pressing and holding the Ctrl key while opening Word.
    • For Excel, open Excel and click File > Options > Add-ins. Uncheck the box next to Manage COM Add-ins and click OK.
  4. Reinstall Office:
    If all else fails, it might be time to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.

• Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, find Microsoft Office, and click Uninstall.
    • Then, reinstall it from your installation media or directly from Microsoft.

Let me know if any of these steps help resolve your issue.