Alternatives to Microsoft Outlook for a Better Email Experience

I'm a big fan of Microsoft 365, but there's one exception - the Outlook program.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Outlook at all.

Is there a way to access my emails in a better format, unlike Outlook?

I prefer a format similar to Gmail's inbox.

Hey there, fellow Microsoft 365 userreader I completely understand your frustration with Outlook. It can be clunky and lacks the modern look and feel we’ve grown accustomed to with Gmail.

Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered If you want to access your Microsoft 365 emails in a better format, there are several alternatives you can explore. Here are a few options that you might find more appealing:

Option 1: Microsoft Webmail

If you’re already using Microsoft 365, you can simply access your emails through the Microsoft Webmail interface. It’s web-based, so you won’t need to download any software. Plus, it has a modern design similar to Gmail. To access Microsoft Webmail, follow these steps:

1. Open a web browser and navigate to outlook.com (or outlook.office365.com if you’re using a work or school account).
  2. Sign in with your Microsoft credentials.
  3. You’ll see a clean, well-organized interface that’s easy to use.

Option 2: Mozilla Thunderbird

Thunderbird is a free, open-source email client that supports multiple providers, including Microsoft 365. It’s highly customizable and has a familiar layout if you’re used to Gmail. Here’s how to set it up:

1. Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird.
  2. Open Thunderbird and click on Set up a New Account.
  3. Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and password.
  4. Thunderbird will automatically configure the settings for you.
  5. You can customize the layout and features to your liking.

Option 3: eM Client

eM Client is another powerful email client that supports Microsoft 365. It’s free for personal use and offers a modern interface with features like calendar integration and customizable widgets. Here’s how to set it up:

1. Download and install eM Client.
  2. Open eM Client and click on Add New Account.
  4. eM Client will automatically configure the settings for you.
  5. Explore the various features and customization options to make it your own.

Option 4: Airmail (for Mac users)

If you’re on a Mac, Airmail is a fantastic email client that supports Microsoft 365. It’s highly rated for its modern design, clean interface, and robust features. Here’s how to set it up:

1. Download and install Airmail.
  2. Open Airmail and click on Add Account.
  4. Airmail will automatically configure the settings for you.
  5. Take some time to explore Airmail’s features, like customizable swipe gestures and integrations with other apps.

These alternatives offer a breath of fresh air compared to Outlook. Give them a try and see which one works best for you