Adjusting Refresh Rate When No Display is Visible

I mistakenly switched my monitor's refresh rate from 60Hz to 120Hz. Now, I'm stuck because I don't have an HDMI connection, and I can't see the menu to change it back. Any solutions?

Hey there, don’t worry I’ve got you covered.

First off, you’re right that you need an HDMI connection to adjust the refresh rate on your Xbox. But before we dive into solutions, let’s make sure we understand the issue. Since you’re stuck at 120Hz and can’t see the menu, we’ll need to use an alternative method to change it back to 60Hz.

Here’s what you can do:

1. Connect your Xbox to another display (if you have one): If you have access to another TV or monitor with an HDMI connection, plug your Xbox into that. This will allow you to see the menu and adjust the refresh rate manually. Go to Settings > Display & Audio > Video Output > Refresh Rate. Change it back to 60Hz and save your settings.
  2. Use a different controller: If you have another Xbox controller, try pairing it with your Xbox. Sometimes, controllers can remember the last display settings, so if this new controller was last used on a 60Hz display, it might revert your Xbox’s settings to 60Hz. This is a long shot, but it’s worth trying if you don’t have another display available.
  3. Factory Reset: If none of the above works, you can factory reset your Xbox. This will erase all of your settings, so you’ll need to set up your Xbox again from scratch. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller, then release it. Immediately press and hold the Xbox button again until you hear two beeps. This will start the reset process. Keep in mind that this will erase all your saved games, settings, and apps, so use this as a last resort.

If you’re still having trouble or have any questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to help you out.