Accessing Virtual Army Emails

I followed the instructions to set up the macOS client and after adding my workspace and signing in with my email, I got the following error messages:

Smart card:
Certificate validation failed. Try again by doing the following:

• Close the current browser
  • Open a new browser to sign in
  • Select the certificate

If you are using a smart card, make sure it is inserted correctly.

Password:
We’re sorry
You can’t reset your own password because password reset isn’t turned on for your account.
You must contact your administrator to turn on password reset for your account.

I also followed the AVD setup process for my macOS (Sonoma 14.5):

1. Go to https://aka.ms/goarmyavd, complete the commercial login-onboard package, and sign the agreement.
  2. Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
  3. Wait 20 minutes for enrollment activation.
  4. In Microsoft Remote Desktop on macOS, create/add a “workspace,” sign in with your email, plug in your CAC, and select “use smart card” at the login prompt.
  5. Once the desktop is loaded, sign into OneDrive to move your documents to the workspace.
  6. This is a NIPR-connected workspace, so you can access all Army websites without a VPN.

I even deleted and reinstalled my DoD certificates but still cannot log in.

Can you please assist me in resolving this login issue?

Hey there, I can see you’re having some issues with accessing your virtual Army emails using the Army Enterprise Azure Virtual Desktop Setup. Let’s break it down step by step to see where the problem lies.

First, make sure you have all the necessary certificates installed and updated on your system. Sometimes reinstalling the DoD certificates helps resolve the issue, but it seems you’ve already tried that. If you haven’t, give it a shot:

1. Delete the existing certificates.
  2. Go to the DoD’s official site and download the latest certificates.
  3. Install them on your macOS.

The other issue you mentioned is the password reset. It looks like your account doesn’t have the password reset function enabled. You need to reach out to your administrator to turn on password reset for your account. This is a security measure that prevents unauthorized changes to your account.

Now, let’s go through the setup process again:

1. Make sure you’ve correctly set up the commercial login and signed the agreement from https://aka.ms/goarmyavd; this is the correct link for AVD setup.
  2. Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the official sources.
  3. Wait for the 20-minute activation period before trying to log in.
  4. In the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, create a new workspace and sign in with your email.
  5. When prompted, plug in your CAC and select “Use smart card” at the login prompt.
  6. Once the desktop is loaded, sign into OneDrive to move your documents to the workspace.

Lastly, double-check that your smart card is inserted correctly and that the card reader is properly configured. Sometimes, a simple misplacement or connection issue can cause these problems.

If you’ve gone through all these steps and still can’t log in, feel free to provide more details about the specific error messages you’re seeing, and I’ll be here to help you troubleshoot further.